Orthopaedic Associates, Inc. has described the patient experience program as focusing on 5 main improvement points to help achieve the 5-star Patient Care Standard. These 5 main points are Service, Quality, People, Finance, and Growth. Evidence has proven that patients who have a positive experience with their care have better health outcomes and their experience is improved when they have more control over their care while being treated with respect.
In addition to local, state, and federal laws, we have a moral and ethical obligation to engage with our patients, providers, and our loving community. This engagement will help serve and consider them as partners in the planning and delivery of care.
Orthopaedic Associates, Inc strives to provide a 5-star patient experience from beginning to end of treatment. This has been engrained in our culture of the organization and drives both services and personal objectives year after year.
Orthopaedic Associates, Inc. is proud of our mission to provide the most efficient and highest quality of care for a sustainable and serviceable area with ethics, compassion and best value for all patients.
This document is set out our strategy for the next two years. It will define how we will continue to improve patient experience using patient feedback to drive our quality improvement and constant learning.
The aim of this program is to ensure that all patients, their families, the care givers and visitors have a 5-star Patient Experience while receiving our care.
5 Points to 5 Star
G.R.E.A.T. Service, Every Time.
- Introduce yourself in a welcoming, reassuring way.
- Actively listen for needs and respond in an authentic, empathetic manner.
- Clarify your role and the situation/plans as clearly as possible.
- Inquire with open-ended questions to gauge understanding.
- Show gratitude for the interaction and wish them well.
Objectives for 2021-2023
- To recognize patients as equal partners in their care: engaging in work in partnership with patients, stakeholders, and the local community to ensure that the best care is received through physical, psychological, emotional, and social needs of the individual.
- To continuously promote our workplace culture that places excellent patient experience from beginning to end. Providing services to excellence standards that we as an organization would provide for ourselves, our families, and our friends.
- Actively engaging our patients by listening and acting on what patients tell us through a number of feedback models. Our services are developed with the needs and wants of our patients, families, and the community in mind.
- We will strive for our services to be delivered fair, equal, and inclusive for all members of our community.
- When patient experiences are not being met with the standards we have established, we will listen intently and act on these concerns and complaints raised. We will respond with timeliness in a forward-thinking direction to better ensure this does not repeat for any of our patients.
- We will aim to have 5-star Patient Experience through all Orthopaedic Associates, Inc with all of our patients from the beginning to end of treatment.